Women's Surf training Squad TWO
- Duration: 20 Days (approx.)
- Location: Gisborne
On average each wave is roughly 6 seconds, to get 2 minutes on a board you have to catch 20 waves.
Surf Cross Training is the best way to build your Surfing Skills quickly, effectively and correctly.
It is also a really smart way for a surfer to spend the darker evenings of winter!
Basically we want to nurture a community of women to be ocean confident, have good core strength, develop resilient character and have a mindset to encourage and build up great things in themselves and others.
- Develop muscle memory through repetition for improved surfing performance
- Increase mobility and range of motion for Surfing.
- Swim training designed for Surfers to bring a higher level of water fitness, confidence, mind set and strength to our time in the ocean.
- Small group Surf Coaching for all Levels using camera coaching, this will help you to understand where you are at and how to quickly improve.
- Build a supportive community of Surfing women in Gisborne who support and encourage others.
Pilates will be indoors at the Wainui School Hall 5.30-6.30pm Monday Nights
Swim training at the Olympic pool 6pm-7.30pm Tuesday Nights
Mobility will be indoors at Wainui School Hall-5.30-7pm Wednesday Nights
For the Surfing element, we will aim to be flexible with time & day and work in with the conditions on the day & adapt to the beach that is working best for the surf level on the day and let each student know.
We will pretty much run as soon as 4 people from the group can agree a day & time and if conditions are good.
2 x Small Group Surf Session with Camera Feedback-A variety of dates including weekends to choose from in 2017. (More sessions can be booked if required for an additional cost)
What better way for a Surfer to make use of the cooler, darker winter months than get super surf fit and make new friends!